Friday, March 18, 2011

Working It Out

Whew, I'm spent.  After a grueling 60 minute strength and cardio workout I know I'll be feeling this tomorrow.  And the next day.  And probably even the day after that!  But what's great is that I can feel muscles again that I haven't felt in a very long time...kinda sad, really.  Lately, I've been having flashbacks to the days when I worked out every day and pushed my body to it's limits.  I remember my arms and legs and how toned I was at that point and can't wait to get there again!  Here's a pic of me around that time:



It's a little small, but this was about 50 lbs ago at least, maybe more (boy I'm being honest here...), and I really miss that time!  I think about how much energy I had, the confidence, the ease in my body and it's great motivation to reflect back to that time.  It's so easy to forget how much the exercise was a part of my life and how great it is to do that again.

This week, the goal is to go to the gym at least 4-5 times and to mix up the cardio and the strength.  The trainer at the gym told me to get at least 45 minutes cardio in when I do that and to start with 3x per week with the strength exercises.  I'm looking forward to getting that body back, but the most important thing, too, is to make sure it's something I can sustain.  It has to be a commitment.

Here's to feeling the burn! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment