Monday, March 14, 2011

Accidentally Gourmet

So I realize the idea of a food blog is not a new one, but here's to hoping this adventure is a positive one.  In an effort to not be narcissistic or self-important, this all comes down to my health.  I am and have remained very overweight since the birth of my child (and maybe before that, wink, wink, but everyone needs a good excuse!) and in the past year of dieting and trying to learn a whole new lifestyle, I feel there is still something missing.  I've definitely gotten better at this process, but it's still a process.

I love food.  That's the barest fact there is and I have figured out that I am in love with cooking, playing with recipes and trying out new things.  I've also learned over the past few years that in order to get to where I want to be with my health and my weight loss, it's going to be important to try new things and learn an entirely new way to cook my food.  And if I can have some fun along the way, well great!

So this blog is really just all about me and my learning new ways to cook, a new way to live and if it works then I'll be on my way.  I hope to share recipes, both good and bad, and all the ridiculous little challenges that pop up when we try to change our habits and live differently.  I hope you enjoy the read!

1 comment:

  1. Wow..."(Wo)Man with a plan"...You are well on your way to discovering the full potential with food. Your "gourmet...accident" may not be an accident at all. It may be the real you is springing out of the "wreckage" with food. You've survived the "crash" and have surfaced with greater perspective, which is evident in your writing. Now you know you can tell the difference between truly eatable cuisine art and its replicas. Figure this...I love good food as much as any culinary expert but I am destined to eat a lot of rubbish in between good dishes. Why? Because unlike you and all refined eaters, I have not learned to distinguish between good (healthy) foods and their (pretty) imitations. But at my age, I will not even attempt to go there...I will be so happy to follow your blog and learn from one of the experts....Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete