Monday, March 14, 2011

Ginger-Orange Glazed Shrimp Stir Fry

Can I just say, yum!  This was probably one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life, and I made it!  I got the glaze idea from another recipe but it worked great for this.  It was a very light, very flavorful sauce and the ingredients were very easy to work with.  My goal with a lot of recipes is to make them easy but fun to cook.  For this one, if you don't have fresh ginger then I'm sure powdered can work.

Here's the recipe and a picture...it didn't last very long, I can say that and I thought Justin was going to finish it before I could swipe some for my lunch.  We're definitely going to have to re-do this one. :-)

Ginger-Orange Glazed Shrimp Stir Fry over Quinoa

Glaze:
1/2 cup orange juice
1-2 tsp minced ginger
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Stir Fry:
1/2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 bag frozen stir fry veggies
quinoa

Directions:
Add the orange juice to a sauce pan over medium low heat.  Cook and stir 10 to 15 minutes until reduced by 1/2 and thickened.  Remove from the heat and cool.

Begin cooking the quinoa, follow package instructions.  Add olive oil to a non stick pan and heat veggies over medium high heat for about 15 minutes or no longer frozen.  While it is cooking, stir in the ginger and garlic to the orange juice.  When the veggies are heated enough, add the shrimp to the mixture.  Cook until they begin to turn pink and add the sauce.  Do not over cook, it should only take a few minutes for the shrimp to be ready.

Once finished you can add some quinoa and stir fry to your plate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment