Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sweet Little Treats

I'm a notorious sweet tooth and being such I always need to find ways to get that little treat in somewhere.  As I am now trying to avoid things like candies and cookies, I've been looking for ways to substitute the sweetness I want with other things.  At this time of the year it's a great chance to get more fruits in and I do find that a nice sweet fruit is a great way to get that sugar without sacrificing.  Lately, I've been eating lots of watermelon and we've been finding great deals on strawberries, blueberries and other summer fruits at the store.  And last night I made this little yummy dessert...I so don't feel like I'm dieting!

Sweet Fruity Tart

Ingredients
Graham crackers
3 tbsp non-fat yogurt (any flavor)
3 tbsp Splenda (if desired)
1/2 cup berries (your choice!)
1 pkg non-fat, sugar free instant pudding (I used white chocolate flavor)

Graham cracker crust:  in a blender or food processor crumble the graham crackers until they are finely ground.  In a bowl you can mix with a spoon (I used my hands!) and press them into a pie pan to create the crust.

Mix the pudding as directed and spread it into the crust.  Mine didn't use all the pudding so I stored the rest for later.  Then, prepare your berries however you want and cover the top of the pudding with them. 

Really easy, really yummy, not expensive AND low fat!  PointsPlus value:  2 pts (if you cut the tart into 8 peices)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment