Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Apple Spice Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Okay, so I'm going to claim this one as my own.  I took bits and pieces from other recipes but had to improvise a bit in the construction because of the ingredients I had on hand.  It turned out great and made me feel kinda fancy in the process!  And I think I will do a honey glaze on it next time for some added flavor...I suggest you do too!

Apple Spice Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients
3 5-6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup chopped apples (I used galas)
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I eyeballed it so you can really add however much you want!)
2 oz shredded 2% cheddar cheese
olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a casserole dish for the chicken (I use an olive oil spray).  Chop up the apples so they are in smallish pieces.  Mix apples, cheese and spice together and set aside in a bowl.  With the chicken breasts either pound them out to an even thickness with enough room to roll or do what I did and slice them in half...this really depends on the original thickness of the chicken.  Then, take a handful of the apple-cheese-spice mixture and stuff it into the fold.  Wrap the chicken so it is encasing the apples and place the chicken in the casserole dish.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is well-done but not dry and enjoy!

We had this with salad and it was really yummy.  Like I said, next time I think I will do a honey glaze over top of the chicken for a bit of added flavor because they weren't super spiced, but the apples, cheese and spice was great!  I recommend playing around with the type of cheese for an even different flavor.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment