Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yummy Slow Cooker Apple Dessert

So, apologies for my sporadic posting but I seem to go in cycles with my cooking...after my sister's wedding it has been difficult for me to get back into my routine!  But here is a dessert I made a couple weeks ago that was so amazingly yummy (especially hot over ice cream!) and can be good for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert! 

A very basic recipe, I definitely recommend and you will never pass it up...

Slow Cooker Applesauce
(8-10 servings)

Ingredients:
8 medium to large pie apples (or whatever you like!)
1 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar (modify amount based on sweetness of the apples)
cinnamon, to taste
pumpkin pie flavor, to taste

Directions:
Peel, core and chop apples into medium chunks.  Add them to the slow cooker with about 1 cup of water.  Let cook, covered, on low for 6 hours or high for 3-5 hrs or until the apples are soft but not complete mush.  Ciphon off a bit of the water so it is not soupy and add the sugar and spices and mix well (at this point I also tried to chop the apples a bit further so they weren't too big of chunks).  Cover again and cook for another 1/2 hr to hour and it's ready!  Enjoy over ice cream, on it's own or however you can imagine!


No comments:

Post a Comment