Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MMM...Meatloaf!

So the dessert isn't done so I'll have to post about that later, but for now, check this delicious turkey meatloaf recipe.  You actually make theses as mini-meatloafs in a muffin pan but they are packed with veggies and believe me, they were so tasty!  And again, I use Justin as my gauge because if he will eat it, I know it's good!  Of course, I haven't come across much he won't eat...except veggies that aren't hidden in the food.  Hehe!

Anyway, these are really not difficult to make at all but it makes a lot so be prepared.  We definitely have dinner for the next night which is nice to know!  I think you can substitute some different veggies too, just play around with it and have fun!

Turkey Mini-Meatloafs
(1 PointsPlus value, 32 servings...aka, one point per mini-meat loaf.  I had three :-))

1-1 1/2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
1 zucchini, coarsly chopped
1 green pepper, coarsly chopped
1 onion, coarsly chopped
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 egg
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 cup bbq sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Chop up the veggies with a food processor or other type chopper and mix together with the turkey, couscous, egg, dijon mustard and worchestershire sauce.  Add to a non-stick muffin pan, filling each cup approximately 3/4 of the way.  Add a dollop of bbq sauce on top of each.  Cook for approximately 25 minutes or until the juices run clear.  Remove and enjoy!



We also had sweet potato chips with this and those were good too...I need to refine my process with those and when I do I will post about that.  Also, dessert is coming up so start drooling...hot baked apples over ice cream!!!

2 comments:

  1. That actually looks good and I HATE meatloaf! You need to make some tuna cheese puff and post that! I am going to introduce that to Erin soon. I am guessing she will love it since she is so much like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is seriously good...you should make it! Meatloaf isn't a scary thing if you make it yummy! We are going to have leftover meatloaf sandwiches tonight. Yum!

    ReplyDelete